Edward P. ParentPartner
Ned Parent is an experienced and versatile trial lawyer, utilizing his unique analytical skillset to offer his clients efficient and effective representation.
Mr. Parent leads the firm’s fiduciary litigation practice, handling matters related to estates, trusts, and guardianships. Such matters include, by way of example:
- Will contests, known as caveat proceedings
- Petitions to remove a personal representative
- Handling exceptions hearings related to an estate’s inventory or account
- Petitions for will construction or interpretation
- Disputes among trust beneficiaries
- Petitions seeking judicial assumption of jurisdiction over a trust
- Contested guardianship proceedings
In addition, Mr. Parent represents clients in interpleader actions related to disputes over life insurance proceeds.
Mr. Parent argues such matters before Circuit Courts throughout Maryland, as well as before both the Court of Special Appeals and the Court of Appeals. Mr. Parent also regularly appears in Orphans’ Courts statewide on various estate issues. Frequently, these matters include a mixture of issues requiring litigation in multiple forums, resulting in highly complex disputes through which Mr. Parent deftly navigates his clients.
Mr. Parent’s practice also includes representing corporations and individuals in business disputes, as well as in administrative and regulatory matters before, for example, the Office of the Maryland Attorney General, the Baltimore City Board of Zoning Appeals, and the Maryland Insurance Administration.
J.D., University of Maryland School of Law, 2006
Magna Cum Laude; Order of the Coif; Order of the Barristers
B.A., The Johns Hopkins University, 2000
U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, 2010
Maryland State Bar Association
Bar Association of Baltimore County
- 2006-2007: Judicial Law Clerk, The Honorable John Philip Miller, Circuit Court for Baltimore City
- 2005: Judicial Intern, The Honorable Paul W. Grimm, U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
Mr. Parent has extensive trial, appellate, and arbitration experience, and has litigated matters in Maryland and throughout the United States, including the District of Columbia, Texas, and Nevada.
Mr. Parent has been recognized as a Rising Star by Maryland Super Lawyers in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.