Sports & Entertainment Law
Silverman Thompson recognizes that the sports and entertainment industry is unique. Its complex legal issues demand lawyers who know its structure and dynamics. Our attorneys keep up to date on the ever-changing field of law.
Led by Ira Rainess, with over 25 years of experience, our attorneys provide legal services to professional and amateur athletes, executives, and media personalities. The firm’s lawyers currently or previously represented clients in business and legal matters with professional and collegiate sports leagues, including MLB, NFL, MLL, NLL, and NCAA.
Our clients rely on us to negotiate and draft employment and marketing contracts, to structure their business relations, and to counsel them on all aspects of their professional and personal lives. At Silverman Thompson, we promote and enhance our client’s image in order to provide them with as many business opportunities as possible. We are dedicated to the marketing and management of our clients, constantly seeking new avenues through which our clients can increase their earning potential.
The personalized client services performed by the firm in accordance with our “one call” philosophy include:
- Negotiating athletic employment contracts
- Marketing and endorsement contracts
- Licensing agreements
- Brand strategy and management
- Broadcasting contracts
- Media and public relations
- Interview training and preparation
- Career counseling in athletics
- Real estate transaction review and advice
- Estate planning review and advice
- Intellectual property advice
- Business Entity Formation Advice
- Legal referral advice
- General business or legal document review and advice
We are a full service law firm and our Sports and Entertainment clients benefit from the experience and breadth of knowledge of the Firm’s attorneys in other areas of practice. Should a need or question arise in another practice area, there is likely an in-house professional on hand to provide confidential assistance.