Family Law / Divorce / Custody
Maryland family law matters, including divorce and custody, are major decisions in any person's life. The impact and consequences of those decisions at times not only affect the clients, but also those dear to them. An experienced Maryland family law and divorce lawyer must address all of the legal needs of the client. Our attorneys are skilled and have extensive experience in courts across the state to represent your best interests.
Silverman Thompson provide advice and representation in all areas of family law including:
- Maryland divorce and separation law
- Prenuptial agreements
- Marital settlement agreements
- Property division, the division of marital assets, maintenance and support
- Alimony – pendente lite, rehabilitative and indefinite
- Custody and visitation
- Maryland child support
- Interstate child support
- Military divorces involving Maryland residents
- Protective order hearings (temporary and final)
- Step-parent adoptions
- Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDRO’S)
- Interstate custody disputes
- Relocation child custody cases
- Maryland Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction Act
- Third-Party custody disputes
- Mediation services
- Appeals to the Court of Special Appeals and Court of Appeals of Maryland
Our attorneys are dedicated to providing aggressive representation and sound legal advice to our family clients. Our attorneys have many years of litigation experience and provide effective representation to our clients in all types of family law matters. They are recognized as leaders in this field. Our divorce and family law attorneys have helped hundreds of clients in Maryland and regularly practice in Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Anne Arundel County, Howard County, Montgomery County, Prince George’s County, Frederick County, Harford County, and other areas of the state as needed.
We invite you to contact us or call our office at 410.385.2225 or 800.385.2243 to see how we can make a difference for you.