COVID-19 Financial Relief Programs
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, the Maryland and Federal governments have enacted emergency legislation designed to assist small businesses and entrepreneurs with the economic hardships resulting from the mandatory closures and social distancing measures required throughout the state. These new government programs provide substantial emergency assistance for businesses faced with the threat or reality of closing their doors and laying off or firing their employees.
The links below will help you learn more about the programs that are currently available and give you a brief description of the requirements for entitlement under each. Please also feel free to contact any of the Silverman Thompson attorneys listed below who will be happy to speak with you about your business, your available options, and the economic relief programs that may be available to you.
- April 3, 2020 Comprehensive COVID-19 Memorandum
- Federal CARES Act Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loans
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Fraud and Prosecutions
- Federal Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program (EIDL)
- Federal Emergency EIDL Grant Program
- Federal Small Business Debt Relief Program
- Maryland COVID-19 Emergency Relief Loan Fund
- Maryland COVID-19 Emergency Relief Grant Fund
- Maryland COVID-19 Layoff Aversion Fund
- Maryland COVID-19 Emergency Relief Manufacturing Fund
For more information, please contact:
Ramsay M. Whitworth email@example.com
Mark Edelson firstname.lastname@example.org
Steve Leitess email@example.com
Ilona Shparaga firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael J. Levin email@example.com
Due to COVID-19 CDC recommendations, government-imposed restrictions, administrative orders from the courts, and the worry surrounding potential exposure to the virus, managing a divided household has become even more challenging. Our family law department has provided some information in their blog posts which may help navigate the landscape of these evolving and unprecedented circumstances. The links to those posts are below and we will endeavor to update the posts as additional information becomes available. Also, please feel free to contact to Monica L. Scherer or Kerry Lingenfelter to further discuss your unique situation.
- Maryland Divorce Lawyer Blog
- Should I try mediation to resolve my family law matter with COVID-19 court closures?
- Can I still get a protective order, peace order or extreme risk protective order with the court closures due to COVID-19?
- How does COVID-19 impact custody and parenting time?
- I co-parent with an “essential employee”. How can I avoid escalated custody conflicts now that the white house has designed the Baltimore/DC area as an emerging hot spot?
- I've lost my job due to COVID-19 and can't afford to pay child support
- Coping with domestic violence during the COVID-19 pandemic
- We were ready to separate, and then the COVID-19 Stay-At-Home Order was implemented by Governor Hogan. Now what?
- Seven Guidelines for Parents who are Divorce/Separated and Sharing Custody during COVID-19
- How have other State Courts responded to emergency petitions for custody due to COVID-19?